Friday, August 17, 2012

Baby Shower Diaper Cake in Progress


You know you are getting old when you start to make more and more baby shower diaper cakes each month.  My friends and family members of my generation are welcoming new additions to their family left and right.  It makes me feel sad that I am no where close to getting married or having children, but I am thrilled to be a part of my friends' and relatives' growing families.  

Here is a picture of a boy diaper cake in progress.  Having fun with the hot glue gun and lots of ribbons.


On a brighter note, I just checked my final grades for my summer classes and your girl got a 4.0! There were days when I wanted to give up and settle with B's, because I thought there was no way I can remember hundreds of medical terms plus definitions for every class meeting on top of exams from two other classes and work.  I gave myself no options and accepted the challenge.  At the beginning of the course, my professor did tell my class that we were crazy to take Med Terms in the summer and usually, very few will get an A.  I was determined to be one of the few and made it! Don't ever let anyone discourage you from challenges by scaring you with their past experiences.   

OK, back to my diaper cake-making.  One day...one day when I'm done with this whole school ordeal, I will find myself a special person to form a family, so everyone can make me diaper cakes for a change.