Friday, August 17, 2012

Daddy's Card

 The day to honor our father has already passed.  It is one of my favorite holidays, because I get to show my dad how much I appreciate and love him.  My dad is such a wonderful person with such a big heart!  I meant to post this card up before Father's Day this year, but I got carried away by academia.  I guess you can make this next year for Father's Day or for your father's birthday. 


 I came up with this idea after coming across a cardstock that was the same color as my dad's favorite shirt.  I grabbed some buttons from my nicknack bin…et voila…shirt card!  I used my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut all the word tags, Fiskars SureCut Personal Trimmer for sizing, and a boning tool to make crisp, straight creases.  Although, I made this card a Father's Day theme, there are endless ways to switch this shirt card up for any occasion. 


The only problem you might encounter is finding an envelope that can fit the card.  With the buttons and layers of folds, the card can get quite thick.  My advice is to find a nice envelope first and then make a card that fits inside.  I used a nice quality envelope from a fancy pack of Christmas greeting stationary.  Hope this gives you some ideas on how to make a card for your special man.