Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Card to Say Hello

Last year, I made this card to give to a friend who I haven't seen in a long time due to our distance.  This is the card I was talking about when I made the tiny tulip bouquet.


This card consists of squares and rectangles of different sizes and colors with a brown square card as a base and a ribbon wrapped around the last layer of the card.  Having just a Fiskars SureCut Personal Paper Trimmer does the job of achieving straight edges and 90 degree angles.    



The combination of turquoise and brown is my favorite.  At the upper right hand corner, the Hello tag is a rectangle chipboard accent from one of my scrapbook kit with a sticker that says "hello."  The gems are adhesive embellishments you can find everywhere for under a dollar.   


My tip for you today is LAYER, LAYER, LAYER!  Whenever we want to snaz up our outfits, we layer our shirts or add on a scarf or some jewels.  So, why not apply that concept to craft?