Sunday, August 12, 2012

Banner with Cricut Expression

Last year, before I left my retail employment, I was asked to make a banner to welcome back my manager after her surgery.  It was an honor to create a banner that captured her energy and bubbly personality that we missed so much.  Plus, this was during the springtime.   


As promised, I am sharing a banner created using my Cricut Expression and the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge to show you the many things one basic cartridge can do.  I just cut out the letters with its shadows and used the grass shape cuts as the base.  The flower decor was also a shape from the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge.  Just cut out two in different colors with the top one a quarter inch smaller than the bottom.    


I curled up the top petals by rolling them with a rounded pencil to add some dimension to the banner.  Otherwise, cardstock, glue, and the Cricut Expression with the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge is all you need!